February 3, 2014 & September 18, 2013
On February 3, 2014, Ultimate Frisbee, Touch Rugby, The Bayon Wanderers (soccer) and Hockey squared off in the second Sports Team Competitive Blood Drive. Ultimate won for the second time running, and results are posted here. Here are some photos from the February event:
In an earlier event on September 18, sports players of Phnom Penh took an hour one evening to donate blood at the blood center in Phnom Penh. Ultimate frisbee competed against touch rugby for the most donors in the first “Sports Team Competitive Blood Drive.” In the end, team ultimate won with 9 donors verses rugby’s 7!
- It’s easy! Drop by as a walk-in and you’ll be in and out in less than 30 minutes.
- Blood stocks are particularly low in Phnom Penh at the moment.
- Sometimes a call for emergency donations of a particular type are made, as happened in that case.
- There are many needs, one of which is Thalassaemic kids who require transfusions every month.
- This is a problem you can help solve in Cambodia without wondering whether your dollar was used effectively, and it’s something you realistically could need at some point if you had a bad bout of dengue or malaria, for example.