Minutes for January 13, 2014

  • Attendance: Rob, Brydie, John A, Jared, Greg, Tracy, Kris, Dale, Yvette, Sophoan
  • 8:00pm – 10:00pm
  • Next meeting: Monday, March 24
  • League
    • End date: beginning of June, or around when ISPP ends
    • 3 teams, so only 2 play at once, off team can run beginner days
  • Finances
    • Membership $40 again, $10 extra for 3g Tuesdays
  • Player development
    • Lots of talk about upcoming schedule and finances yesterday, Yvette has notes
    • Kampong Cham clinic: Feb 15-16
      • Rob to ask Amaury if he wants help making a google form for registration
    • Ideas that came from PDC meeting:
      • SSS,
      • bring a buddy day,
      • developing Khmer resources,
      • adding some links to our website to videos, drills, etc,
      • mentoring in league,
      • creating a list of NGOs focused on sport and development in Cambodia and contacting them to spread the word to youth or recruit youth
      • following up with Meaghon and Vicki on providing remote or follow-up support to their kids,
      • coaching SWA to be coaches,
      • connecting with YUP/working more collaboratively
      • supporting Liger with their PD, e.g. with Swa coaches,
      • looking at other ways to support female PD and non-Khmer PD
  • Two day Hat
    • Spreadsheet for tasks, broken down by committees
      • 7 committees
    • Will do live draft again, though not top players first, more random
    • Kris nominated as assistant TD
      • bigphathat @ phnompenhultimate.com goes to Kris and Greg
    • Tasks
      • Info packet: Steve
      • Food: Greg and Kris
      • Flyer: Tracy or Rob to make one for registration. Distribute in PP
      • Head of procurement: Dan
        • Helpers: Lucy, John A, Kris, Nyko, Jojo & Max, Greg, Rachel, Berry, SWA guys
        • Greg has a list of all the items needed
        • Secure area for bags: look into getting a security guard (Jared, Kris)
      • Social heads: Brydie and Zach
        • Helpers: Sophoan, Jared, Dale, Tracy, Rob, John A
        • Party committee meeting upcoming, Brydie and Zach will schedule
        • TBD: How to control entry for non-tournament attendees. Decide wrist bands or paper stubs + cost for allowing outsiders
        • Reg party: Blue dog again
        • Beer: Greg and Jared
        • Saturday party invites, if needed: Tracy
        • Figure out prizes for awards
        • Do theme stuff, and get a torch and flags for each team (John A will help bring theme stuff to procurement team)
          • Olympic theme subcommittee? Work with procurement on getting flags and torches
      • Transport
        • Kris will get a quote on buses, then we can decide cattle trucks or buses
      • Volunteer coordinator: Matt Fisher (he doesn’t know this yet but we’ll let him know)
Advertisements