Minutes for September 2, 2013

  • Meeting time: First Monday every other month. Next meeting: November 4
  • Attendance: Tracy, Brydie, Zach, Dale, Jared, Greg, Rob
  • 8:20pm – 10pm
  • New roles
    • Prime Minister: Jared
    • Treasurer: Nyko D
    • International Liason: Nyko D, Jared
    • BP PP Hat Tournament Director: Greg
    • Recorder: Rob
    • Player Development / Recruiting
      • Yvette (focus coaching Khmer players?)
      • Da or Sophoan?
      • Rob (online messaging + flyer)
    • Communications Director: Dan
    • IT & Design: Steve G and Tracy
    • Uniform Director: Berry
      • Greg and Tracy to follow up on new possible sources of shirts
      • New design requested
      • New team name proposed: “Orphans”
    • Local Marketing / PR: Tracy + Jared
      • local business development, discounts for members
  • New Sub Committees
    • Hat Tournament Preparation: Greg, Brydie, Dale, Zach
      • Get logistics and rolls assigned earlier this year
      • Choose a date. March 1 and 2 proposed.
    • Social Committee: Brydie, Zach, Chris R
    • League organizers: Joe, Zach
      • Same teams to give more practice together?
      • Figure out a timing that doesn’t make pickup suffer
  • Upcoming actions
    • Institute player fees
      • Goal: simplify collection and ensure everyone has paid
      • Members pay some amount for a set number of months, non-members pay per play
      • Greg, Nyko, Jared, Joe to figure out how much the fee should be to cover a time period
    • SWA to use part of field for Khmer-focused training before pickup
    • One day hat
      • TD: Dale
      • When: Some Sunday this fall, Oct. 27 or Nov 3
      • Who: Vicki’s Khmer kids from Kampong Cham, SWA Ultimate, and PPUA
      • Why: Competition is fun, good excuse to get Vicki and Rodwell’s kids together
      • Issues: Field expense goes up quite a bit when using it for the whole day. Jared to meet with Northbridge field coordinator
    • Find alternative field: Zach, Greg
      • Options: Field at Mekong University, across from 271 past Russian Market, field used by YUP
    • Cambodia Ultimate Association
      • Jared to establish CUA to join WWFDF w/goal of eventually (2 years?) going to higher level international tournaments
      • Will pursue and discuss with other ultimate leaders in cambodia
    • Fundraising for local player development
      • Rob to draft specific items that other teams or businesses could sponsor such as tuk tuk fees, shoes, jerseys, travel costs for hat tournaments, etc.
    • Philanthropy: Blood drive + after party or dinner, some upcoming evening TBD!
Advertisements